Throughout the course of a normal week, I take loads of photos. Some end up on my regular blog as part of a story, but many don't. They become little moments lost in time, seen briefly through my eye and a camera lens.

So, without rhyme or reason, based on nothing more than appeal, I'm going to pick a favorite weekly shot and post it here.

**Click on any photograph to enlarge it**

Friday, July 11, 2014

A Weed By Any Other Name

...would be the much maligned dandelion.  Thirty million years old (yes, really), it's been used in herbal medicine for centuries; the greens--loaded with nutrients--can be eaten in salads and soups; dandelion wine is surprisingly tasty...and yet this plant is generally considered to be a noxious weed.  This morning, walking through my back garden, bright yellow dandelion flowers buzzing with bees, I couldn't help admiring the resilience in this humble little plant, or the delicate beauty in the seeds...


No comments:

Post a Comment